Garlic Scape & Sweet Onion Omelette
A savoury dish to celebrate the spring growth of the Allium plant family.
- 3 free run or organic eggs
- 1 long garlic scape
- 1 sweet spring onion
- 1/2 cup grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1 diced tomato (optional)
- salt & pepper
- cooking oil/butter
- Warm cooking oil or butter in pan.
- Dice garlic scape and sweet onion.
- Crack the eggs and put in the pan, breaking the yoke. Fry on a medium-low heat.
- Add garlic scapes, sweet onion, and shredded cheese throughout the egg before it begins to harden.
- After about two minutes, fold the egg over to create the omelette. Continue to fry on each side for around two minutes.
- Place the omelette on serving plate, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- (Optional) Add raw diced tomato on top.