Thai Curry Squash Soup
Nothing warms quite like soup on a windy autumn day. Try out this spicy and flavourful soup featuring winter squash.
- 1 1/2 - 2lbs winter squash, -OR- 2 cans pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp red Thai curry paste (add more if you like it spicy)
- 1 can(400 ml) Coconut Milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
If roasting squash:
- preheat oven to 400 F
- Place whole squash on an oiled baking sheet
- Roast until soft (about 1 hour)
- Cool, cut lengthwise, remove fibres and seeds. Viola! Almost as easy as opening a can.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the curry paste for about 1 minute or until paste becomes fragrant. Add the broth, the coconut milk and pumpkin puree OR chunks of squash.
- Cook covered on med-low for 5 minutes.
- Use potato masher, hand blender, or puree small batches in food processor.
- Stir and taste, you may want to add more curry paste.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds or cilantro or heavy cream or croutons.