Simple Carrot Soup
Looking for a quick and tasty soup? Look no further!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter OR extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbs red curry paste, or to taste
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped - 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 14oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 lemon or lime
Topping ideas: micro greens or cilantro, and toasted almonds
1. In a large soup pan over medium-high heat add the butter (or coconut oil) and onion. Stir until the onions are well-coated, and allow to sauté until translucent.
2. Stir in the curry paste, and then the carrots. Allow to cook for another minute or two, and then add the coconut milk, salt, and water - adding more water to cover if needed.
3. Simmer until carrots are tender, 10-15 minutes, and then puree using a blender, or use hand blender until the soup is smooth.
4. Squeeze in lemon or lime juice.
5. Serve with desired toppings.