A great recipe for a hearty and healthy lamb stew.
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- olive oil
- 500g diced lamb stewing meat
- 1 tbsp wholewheat flour
- 500ml vegetable stock, or red wine
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF
- Put a casserole pan on medium heat.
- Put all vegetables (except tomatoes), and rosemary leaves into the pan with 2 lugs of olive oil and fry for 10 minutes.
- Add meat and flour.
- Pour in the stock or red wine, and the tomatoes.
- Give it a good stir, then season with a teaspoon of sea salt.
- Bring to a boil, put on lid, and cook in oven for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove the lid for the final half hour of simmering, and add a splash of water if it looks a bit dry.