Golden Turmeric Tea
A warming, healthful, and delectably sweet tea.
- 1/2 cup organic turmeric powder
- 1 cup water, & one cup water in reserve
- 1 tbsp grated fresh organic ginger
- 1/3 cup raw or cold pressed coconut or olive oil
- 2 tsps freshly ground black pepper
Golden Turmeric Tea:
- 2 cups non-dairy milk (almond or coconut both work great)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fresh or ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tsp honey
First, a turmeric paste needs to be made for the base of the tea. This recipe makes enough to store for future use:
- Place 1/2 cup organic turmeric powder, 1 cup water, and 1 tbsp grated ginger in a pan, stirring over gentle heat until you have a thick paste. This should take about 7-10 minutes.
- While stirring, add additional water if needed.
- Turn off heat, and add fresh ground pepper and oil. Whisk to incorporate oil and allow to cool.
- Transfer paste into storage container.
Turmeric paste will last about two weeks, refrigerated.
To make the Golden Turmeric tea:
- Mix 2 cups non-dairy milk, ground cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, coconut oil, and honey, and 1/2 tsp of turmeric paste in a small saucepan and gently heat over low heat.
- Which well to ensure everything is combined.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
* We recommend consulting a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.