Chicken Sushi Bowl
A delicious miso-based chicken bowl.
- 2 – 4 oz (115 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) sweet white miso
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked brown rice, warm
- 2 sheets nori, cut or torn into squares or 1/4 cup (60 mL) whole kelp or dulse, sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned or shredded
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- On large baking sheet, roast chicken until juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing or shredding.
- For miso gravy, in medium saucepan, combine water, vinegar, miso, coconut oil, cornstarch or arrowroot, honey, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Whisking constantly, bring to a boil and cook for 30 seconds, until thickened. Cover and set aside. Reheat briefly before serving.
- Build bowls with sections of cooked chicken, brown rice, nori, carrot, and avocado. Drizzle gravy over bowls and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chili flakes. Serve.