Basil Hempseed Kelp Noodles
A new take on pesto! This is a great meal for lunch, or a light dinner.
- 1 packet kelp noodles
Basil Hempseed Pesto
- 2 tablespoons cashew, pre-soaked
- 1 cup tightly packed basil
- ¼ cup hulled hemp seeds/hemp hearts
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
- A few sprinkles ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup baby spinach
- A few basil leaves
- ½ avocado
- A squirt lemon juice
- 1 Roma tomato
Walnut Almond Parmesan
- 1-2 tablespoons sliced almonds and walnuts, crushed
- Soak the cashews for 20 minutes.
- Open the packet of kelp noodles and drain out the water. Use a knife to cut it up in smaller pieces and place them in a large bowl.
- Throw all the pesto ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth. Spoon it out into the bowl with the kelp noodles and toss it around until all the noodles are covered in pesto.
- Add in a cup of baby spinach and basil leaves and mix it around.
- Then, cut a tomato up in round slices, then cut in half and also throw it in. Now, transfer everything on a plate.
- Chop the avocado in half, then scoop it out and cut it up in small pieces and place it on the top. Give the avocado slices a squirt of lemon juice.
- Get a tablespoon or two of sliced almonds and walnuts (if using whole almonds, you’ll need to cut it with a knife because they’re pretty hard to break) and crush them with your hands until they’re small little pieces. Sprinkle it on top of everything.